× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

New to forum and to building

• Oldgoat03
  • Oldgoat03's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 months 1 week ago #250 by Oldgoat03
Oldgoat03 created the topic: New to forum and to building
I have a complete S&W M&P 15, an Extar EP9 pistol (6") and I bought a complete 300AAC pistol (10.5") upper & lower from Palmetto State Armory and just put it together. I really enjoy shooting all of them.

I recently rec’d a match grade 20" 223 WYLDE barrel from a good friend. He is the editor of a major gun mag and the barrel has the mag name laser engraved. At some point I may put together a dedicated lower for this but for now I want to save some money and put together an upper that I will just swap on/off of my MP15 lower. I found many places that sell complete uppers but as mentioned I have a unique barrel that I’d like to use.

So I was hoping you guys would have suggestions on what components to use and where to find good deals?
Thanks in advance!
Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #251 by Buildingdoc
Buildingdoc replied the topic: New to forum and to building
I would suggest a free float hand guard for starters. A stripped Aero upper is pretty good quality without the steep price (about $100). I would suggest a muzzle break over a compensator or flash hider. A good BCG with MPI and HPT for durability. Perhaps even a nickel boron. I would lap the upper before installation as well. That should start you off nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oldgoat03

More
2 months 1 week ago #252 by michael
michael replied the topic: New to forum and to building
I'd look for a hand guard that shows off that engraving on the barrel - who gets one of those and doesn't show it off?

I bet that if you came up with a good theme, and executed it well, your friend might put you and your gun in his mag.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oldgoat03

More
2 months 1 week ago #253 by Buildingdoc
Buildingdoc replied the topic: New to forum and to building
I love the idea of getting a handgaurd that would have a window to show off a custom barrel, but that may get a bit pricey.