STOP! THESE 10 RULES ARE A JOKE.
As funny as these 10 (fake) rules might be - gun safety is a very important topic here at AR-Builders.com. Many times, while browsing gun forums such as this one, you will see posts erupt into a chorus of irate members because of a stray finger too close to a trigger. There is good reason. Continue reading to see the REAL 4 gun safety rules.
Picture - courtesy of our friends at Gun Hack
My own grandfather was killed due to a handgun mishap, and I'm not the only one to lose someone to an accidental discharge. 606 people were killed accidentally in 2010. These deaths could have been prevented had the 4 rules been followed.
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded.
- Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
The real message of these rules is simple - awareness. This is, of course, my opinion - but I believe it stands on its own.
- Be aware that you are holding a potentially deadly weapon.
- Be aware that the object opposite your muzzle might die.
- Be aware that your decision to pull the trigger might cause a death.
- Be aware that bullets might go through your target into an unintended target.
Please, shoot responsibly.